Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Baby's First Year of Photos

I really wanted to do something cute with Grant's year of onsie photos. Everything I found online was super cheesy and then I found this picture.


It is a Pottery Barn item from a few years ago. Looks like it sold for $199.I thought- I CAN MAKE THAT (for about $20)



I hunted the late fall neighborhood garage sales and found a perfect frame. It was brown so I spray painted it cream.

Then the hubby cut me a board that was the right size to sit inside the frame. I covered with batting and a taupe linen fabric.



I got out the trusty ol' staple gun. First, I stapled in the center on each side to make sure all was straight and then I stapled like crazy.



Here is how it turned out. I actually just used elecrical tape on the backside to make sure all stays in place. No need to spend a lot of time on the part no one sees!


To finish, I printed off (12) wallet size photos at Costco, one for each month of Grant's first year. I tied three rows of twine around the fabric panel and finally hung the pics with some mini clothespins I had from my card making days.


I love the result!

No comments:

Post a Comment